I still see "Page Not Found" Even though I have an index.html file

Hi I am having the common issue where I see “Page Not Found” after deployment. I looked at the [Common Issue] post but it doesn’t really solve my problem. I uploaded my project manually, and the source folder has an index.html file that corresponds to each page.

This is a summary of the deploy:

I would really appreciate any help on this as I have been searching everywhere and I can’t find any answers.

Thank you

remove those home folder and everyhing

server should be abel to access index.html directly.

index.html should not be in any folder.

1 Like

To expand on svadukia’s response, you can have design/index.html, home/index.html, and about/index.html, but you also need an index.html file at the top level. Given your current organization, you could either add an index.html file at the top level so you’d have something like:

index.html
design/index.html
home/index.html
about/index.html

… or, if appropriate, you could move the index.html file from home/index.html to the top level, giving you this:

index.html
design/index.html
about/index.html

Note that you almost certainly will have to update your pages’ internal navigation links after making this change.

Alternately, I guess you could add a _redirect on netlify.toml file at the top level to send all requests to home/index.html (for example) from index.html, but that’s a messy way of doing things.

1 Like

You can load those files at https://yoursite/design/index.html and so forth. You’d want /index.html if you are seeing page not found:

1 Like

I moved the index.html out of the home folder and it worked! Thank you!

H, @salmae1118, thanks for letting us know which solution worked for you. :+1:

This sort of feedback does a lot to help others searching these topics in the future and we appreciate the follow-up!