I need to change the Nameservers

Hello,

I can’t transfer my domain before May 21st and I need to change the current Nameservers to point to my Server that I just bought,
so is it possible to modify the nameservers for my domain that I bought with Netlify ? if not, is there any solution for that ?

Thanks

Who are you using as a registrar? If you have a custom domain, you should be able to make changes there.

I bought the domain with Netlify

And the domains page doesn’t allow you to make those changes? I can’t check right now because app.netlify.com isn’t loading for me for some reason.

hey @raedin.khaled, you should be able to make changes through the netlify UI for the nameservers by logging in to Netlify and looking in the Domains section of the menu.

This article might also be helpful:

I tried but there is no button or something that gives you the ability to edit the nameservers

can you send a screenshot please of your domain page? this sounds strange. thanks!

here is the screenshot: https://d.pr/free/i/Vg5vxT

For domains registered using Netlify, to enable you to change the names servers we must transfer the domain to your direct control at the domain registrar (which is Name.com not Netlify).

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue the domain transfer process. (Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

Hey @luke @perry,

I would also like to change nameservers for my custom domain that is register with Netlify (goongava.com).

How could I do that?

Hi, @sbodi. We need to transfer the domain to your direct control at the domain registrar. Once this is done you will be able to update the authoritative name servers for the domain.,

We’ve sent you an email to complete that process. Please reply here if you don’t receive that email.