I have deleted the previous site, but netlify still says "Another site is already using this domain"

The error indicates “Another site is already using this domain” error trying to set custom domain “nanke.suste.ch” on site “wizardly-lewin-a5034b”
I previous have a site with this domain. However, I’ve already delete it. It seems that the netlify still consider I have binded this domain on the deleted site.
Thanks in advance.

Hey @nk1,
It looks like the other site using that domain is currently live. If it’s your site, you’ll have to remove the domain here:
https://app.netlify.com/sites/SITE-NAME/settings/domain#custom-domains > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you don’t know the other site using the domain, we’ll have to ask you to follow the instructions here to verify domain ownership:

Let us know when that’s done and we’ll go from there!

Hi, I have add the TXT record to verify my ownership to this domain.
( on verified-for-netlify.nanke.suste.ch)
I’ve add this domain to a site, however, it has been deleted on May13 by myself. However, the Netlify still thinking I am using that site.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @nk1,
We got that fixed for you! The reason you couldn’t add the custom domain is because another account is using the bare domain (suste.ch) on their site. As a security precaution, we don’t allow people to share a domain across accounts by default so we had to manually change your site records on our end, and we were willing to do this since you verified domain ownership anyway.

Probably more than you wanted to know :wink: but long story short, you should be all set now :+1:

Hi, thanks for your adjustment! I’ll try it later. :smile: