I cannot receive emails to my domain Roundcube webmail inbox!

Hi everyone, I hope someone could help since i have been a week trying but its not working.

I have hosted my website on netlify and bought the domain name from domain.com. Moreover, I am currently able to receive the emails from my website to netlify, but the main issue is that i am not able to receive them on domain.com Roundcube webmail inbox (info@securityside.eu), although I have set up the MX records on netlify as follow:

Name: securityside.eu

TTL: 3600 seconds

Type: MX

Priority: 10

Value: mx.domain.com

I have contacted domain.com customer support agent and they have checked from their end, and they are sure that the issue is from netlify.

Would appreciate it if someone could help me out since my client is waiting for his website and email to be done…

@Hanygaja I’m having trouble deciphering if you’re having a problem with the DNS settings or your webmail. Did this arrangement ever work? Are you able to retrieve e-mails through an e-mail client as opposed to through webmail? What do you mean by “emails from my website to Netlify”?

Does this help?

When you go to the website securityside.eu then to the contact page and you fill the contact form and you send it, i am receiving it on netlify but not on the webmail which is info@securityside.eu. I did exactly what the link you sent said, but still not working.

@Hanygaja This is starting to sound less like an e-mail issue and more like a form or form-processing issue.

I will explain more…
if you go to securityside.eu then to contact page and you fill the contact form then you submit it. Once it is submitted this message goes to netlify inbox. My problem is that i want this message to go to my email which is info@securityside.eu which is hosted in domain.com, instead of the going to the netlify inbox. I have already changed the MX records in netlify, but i am still getting the messages which i submit to netlify inbox instead of going to my email info@securityside.eu.

This is my html form:

<form name="contact" action="POST" data-netlify="true">
            <div class="row">
                <div class="col l6">
                    <input type="text" name="name" placeholder="Your name">
                </div>
                <div class="col l6">
                    <input type="text" name="email" placeholder="Your email">
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="row">
                <div class="col l12">
                    <input type="text" name="subject" placeholder="Subject">
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="row">
                <div class="col l12">
                    <textarea id="subject" name="message" placeholder="Write something.." required style="height:200px"></textarea>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div style="text-align: center;">
                <button class="btn transparent" type="submit">Send a message</button>
            </div>
        </form>

I hope i made it clear this time and I hope you could help me with this issue as soon as possible.

Many thanks…

Any update please, if you need more details i could provide you?

I think you’re going to have to wait until someone from Netlify responds. I’m out of ideas.

Hi, @Hanygaja, I tested the form on that site and I confirm the email was successfully accepted by the mail server for info@securityside.eu. Would you please confirm that you received that email?

Hi @luke ,I received it, thanks! But why i am receiving it like this view, the name, email, subject and the message in the message section instead of just the message in the message section and the name, email and subject in the above section like any email. By the way i tried to send an email from my private email to info@securityside.eu and its ok, but just when i receive emails from netlify i am receiving it in this way:
This is how i receive emails from netlify

This is how i receive emails from my private email:

I hope you got my point.

Hi, @Hanygaja, the two emails are different which is expected. I’m not sure what the issue is. The email was sent correctly and contains the information from the form submission.

Everything appears to be working correctly. Would you please explain more about what requirement isn’t being met? What do you want to change?

Hello @luke, If you look into the two screen shot that i have sent you will notice that there is a format difference. The emails which are coming from netlify has the name, email, subject and the message all in the message area, whereas the emails which are coming from another provider like the second screenshot are placed above the message section and only the message is in the message area.
I am just wondering if i can change the format of the view of the first screenshot to be like the second screenshot. I hope you got my point. Thank you:)

Hi, @Hanygaja, there are not settings at Netlify to change how the emails are sent in regards to the from and reply-to fields of the email.

The only way to change this would be to send those emails to a service that processes them and resends new emails in the format you required. For example, this might be done by using Zapier.

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.