Howto point my domain to a Substack URL as a redirect?

I registered my domain via Netlify but I’m not building a site just yet.
Meanwhile, I want to redirect it to a Substack URL.
Please let me know how to go about it. I don’t see such an option in the Domains section.

Thanks in advance.

hi there,

even though you registered your domain via netlify, you’re actuallly going to have to use a different DNS if you are not going to point the domain to a netlify site - we don’t actually allow people to use us for DNS if their site is hosted somewhere else.

As soon as you have a site to deploy on netlify, we can take over the dns hosting again if you like.

Thanks for explaining that. I guess I’ll have to wait 3 months to shift it to another provider as well right? OR
can I edit the DNS to point elsewhere? Right now I can’t edit it.

Hi, @reddy2go. Actually the waiting period is only five (5) days and I believe it has been about four days already. There is more documentation on the five day wait at Name.com in their documentation here:

https://www.name.com/support/articles/205934837-Troubleshooting-an-internal-transfer-error

It isn’t immediately possible but it does appear this can be done in a day or two (instead of in weeks).

I’ve sent you an email to complete the domain transfer process. Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

Hey @reddy2go, just checking in. I see that there’s a couple of tickets open regarding this request now and we discussed it yesterday. We’ll use yesterday’s ticket as the source of truth and we will perform the transfer as soon as we’re permitted! :+1: