How to use Google Domains name servers

I’ve been using Google Domains and Google’s name servers for a while now. I’m in the process of migrating my site to Netlify. If possible I would like to continue using Google Domains’ name servers for their subdomain forwarding and email features. How can I set up my site on Netlify so that mydomain.com will point to mysite.netlify.com?

I’m still pretty new to setting up DNS and related settings. I tried adding a CNAME and A record to Google Domains, but it didn’t have any effect; it could be that I didn’t do it right. I’m just not sure what I should be looking for. If you need more information from me, let me know and I’ll happily provide it.

Thank you!

Hey there, welcome.

People do post in here about google domains - if I were you, I’d work through some of the articles that appear in this search and see if they are helpful at all:

https://community.netlify.com/search?q=google%20domains

We’d need to know your actual domain name (and netlify name) to look in to your site specific settings, however :slight_smile:

Gotcha, I’ll see what I can find out and report back if I need further assistance. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like