How to remove the cached redirect file in netlify

An old redirect file has been cached and doesn’t seem to go away even when a new file has been updated. I have even tried clearing cache and deploying which didn’t help.

We still get 4 invalid redirect rules even when these rules don’t exist in the redirect file anymore.

hi there, before we dig in, did you see this brand new guide on debugging redirects?

I strongly suggest you give it a thorough read through and see if this fixes your problem:

if not, please post again, and we’ll try and troubleshoot.

Hi Perry,

I did go through this documentation, nowhere in there is any information regarding this scenario.

I’ve even created a branch deleting the redirect file to see if the ‘invalid rules’ error will go away. But the error still persisted even when there was no redirect file. So it’s very weird that an old file has been cached in netlify build’s and I even tried to download the zip files of the deploy to see which redirect file it has but it throws an “Error during download” error always. Tried it a multiple times on different builds.

Hi Perry, I’m having the same issue as thrishma…

I have asked the same question here for more visibility.

Closing this duplicate topic in favour of the new post How to remove the cached redirect file in netlify follow up.