How to remove [Netlify] from subject?

When I receive an email notification, the email subject has appended to it the string [Netlify]. Is there a way to remove [Netlify]? Example:

[Netlify] my-custom-subject

12 Likes

Hi, @titani. This is a great question and thank you for asking it here in our community. (Also, welcome to our community! :+1: )

There is an open feature request for this and I have added this post/topic as an additional “vote” to the feature request in question. We’ll follow-up here if/when this feature becomes a reality.

For anyone else reading this, please feel free to Heart/like the comment. If you do, we’ll increment the "“vote count” for the feature request (and this will increase the likelihood of the featuring being added).

15 Likes

Thank you @luke, and thank you for your kind welcome.

2 Likes

Hi!

I’m interested in this feature as well. Netlify form emails are sent to our support mailbox + CC our CRM (Intercom).

Intercom doesn’t allow to modify the subject of a conversation received by email, so we have to find that email in our support mailbox, edit the subject and reply to the user. If we could remove or personalize the subject prefix, we could directly reply from Intercom. That would save us a few seconds every time and we love saving time on support :smile:

I have added my vote to the comment as suggested!

3 Likes

thanks @sly - we’ve added your voice to the chorus :slight_smile:

We’ll update this thread when there is something to report!

4 Likes

Just adding my voice to the chorus here. We’re getting client complaints about Netlify in the subject line, even if they’re paying for forms and have to look elsewhere, sadly.

6 Likes

Yep, me too thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello team!
One more vote here!
Thx for the awesome work u all do at Netlify!

2 Likes

Another +1 here, we use a contact form to email for user support, and replying with [Netlify] in the subject line doesn’t quite fit with our brand.

3 Likes

I’ve gone ahead and moved this over to our Features forum. This way, we can track & update if/when this is implemented. Thanks!

2 Likes

This feature is important to us - we are receiving questions from our customers who are confused when we reply to their questions and the subject has [Netlify] in it.

There’s no reason to expose (and explain) our infrastructure choices to our customers.

4 Likes

@codyduval,

We’ve added your voice to the feature request. Thank you!

Hey All :wave:t2:

I only use Netlify Forms submissions for internal uses so I’ve never worried about the [Netlify] tag, but just to confirm (because I haven’t seen it mentioned in this thread and just want to double check), the custom submission subject isn’t a solution to this? Is the [Netlify] tag still present even when using that custom subject?

Cheers!

Jon

Hi, @jonsully, yes, the [Netlify] is prefixed even with a custom subject line.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
So wrapping up until today, the word [Netlify] is by default attached to every email notification, and there is no way to replace it, right?

I have a related sort of thing regarding email notifications. When I receive an email notification, I got a punctuation symbol “:”, and the field <input type="text" name="name" id="name" required/> is not showing in the email notification.
You can see the screenshot:

Over the documentation I couldn’t find any leads to solve the problem.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

My client is complaining about the [Netlify] in the subject too.

It doesn’t look like this problem would be hard to solve on Netlify’s end, or am I missing something?

Maybe Netlify doesn’t want to remove it since this topic is a year old…?

Would be nice with some clarity :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yep, I’m having the same problem with the “:“ symbol :frowning:

Edit: I fixed it @davidberco check your form code and look for empty spaces between some of your JSX elements. I found a few, removed them, and the ‘:’ is gone now.

Same, it’s a terrible user experience.

1 Like

Hey @techstacker,

Appreciate the feedback. There’s an open issue for this internally and we’ll continue to add voices when they’re raised. It’s not that we won’t fix this, it’s a matter of bandwidth.

You may be able to work around this with something like Integromat’s Netlify integration however I totally understand that this isn’t the optimum workflow or long-term solution.

Another one here, it’s really important for us to be able to remove that [Netlify] thingy.
Please, keep us updated about it as it’s been a while this is an issue :pray:

1 Like