How to remove [Netlify] from subject?

When I receive an email notification, the email subject has appended to it the string [Netlify]. Is there a way to remove [Netlify]? Example:

[Netlify] my-custom-subject

4 Likes

Hi, @titani. This is a great question and thank you for asking it here in our community. (Also, welcome to our community! :+1: )

There is an open feature request for this and I have added this post/topic as an additional “vote” to the feature request in question. We’ll follow-up here if/when this feature becomes a reality.

For anyone else reading this, please feel free to Heart/like the comment. If you do, we’ll increment the "“vote count” for the feature request (and this will increase the likelihood of the featuring being added).

4 Likes

Thank you @luke, and thank you for your kind welcome.

1 Like

Hi!

I’m interested in this feature as well. Netlify form emails are sent to our support mailbox + CC our CRM (Intercom).

Intercom doesn’t allow to modify the subject of a conversation received by email, so we have to find that email in our support mailbox, edit the subject and reply to the user. If we could remove or personalize the subject prefix, we could directly reply from Intercom. That would save us a few seconds every time and we love saving time on support :smile:

I have added my vote to the comment as suggested!

2 Likes

thanks @sly - we’ve added your voice to the chorus :slight_smile:

We’ll update this thread when there is something to report!

2 Likes

Just adding my voice to the chorus here. We’re getting client complaints about Netlify in the subject line, even if they’re paying for forms and have to look elsewhere, sadly.

2 Likes

Yep, me too thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like