How to disable large-media

Good morning, i want to disable large-media from my website, but i don’t know how. Can you help me ?
Thanks in advance,
Tusquito.

Hi Tusquito!

Here is a walkthrough that you can use:

Hiya @perry!

Replying to this topic instead of creating a new one, since I walk into the same problem. Hope you all won’t mind.

The docs say we need to contact support:

Because Netlify Large Media and Git LFS change the way your files are saved, disabling Large Media requires assistance from Netlify Support.

But at the support desk, I am getting send to the community, since I am on a free account (this whilst I pay for my services at Netlify, so that’s weird too). So I think this quote and the ‘go to support/docs loop’ is what @Tusquito and I refer to.

How can we disable Netlify Large Media without contacting support? Is it really cloning, removing and reuploading the website?

argh! that is a bit frustrating. We’ll clarify that.

I will ask the person who is most knowledgeable about LFS to look at this for both of you tonight.

But more importantly: if you are a member of a paid team, @danoszz, you should have access to the support helpdesk. Are you sure you entered the email that is associated with your paid account? I’d love your help in making sure other people aren’t blocked as well who should get through :grimacing:

Sweet, thank you @perry!

No, I am not a member of a pro or an enterprise team. I am on a starter plan, but I do pay monthly for additional analytics, build minutes and usage. I know it’s not the same, but I pay for the used services. Or does this mean I am not eligible for support and need to bump up my plan?

Hi, @danoszz, we can contact you “out of band” about this.

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue. (Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

Hello!

I have the same issue. I has been like 6 hours looking up for a solution with Large Media setting, but couldn’t. So I decided to uninstall when I realized it was a docs loop.

I would reallly appreciate if you could also help me, @perry

H, @rodrigom94, and welcome to the Netlify community site. :+1:

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue. (Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.