How to add Netlify type record in case old one is deleted?

Hi,
I deleted the old Netlify type record to add firebase A records but I now want to undo that change or create that old record. Is it possible? The information that might be useful is that the domain name was app.yourwebsite.pk.
Your help will be highly appreciatd.

Hi, @upagebilling, these records are automatically created when a domain name is added to a site’s settings (under Site Name > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains).

If the domain already exists for a site, remove it and then add it back again. It is the adding of the site which creates the records.

If this doesn’t cause the DNS record(s) to be recreated, please let us know.

1 Like

Hey @luke, thanks for the reply. I have removed the A records those I added from firebase and now the site is working, should I still remove the existing domain name and add it again?

Hi, @upagebilling, if it is working now then I would not remove and add the custom domain.

If there are other questions, would you please let us know exactly which custom domain isn’t working as required and what about it isn’t working?

You can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff and I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Note, that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

1 Like