How do I use Netlify forms with Angular 5

Briefly summarize the issues you have been experiencing.

I’m having a form issues while using Angular, i’m not using Angular Reactive Forms or any other forms they have, I’m using only a plane form, inspect the element you to see it. My problem is that when I click “Send” the elements are not sending to the Netlify Form Dashboard. I can make it work with Angular, or is a bug with this framework? I have been looking ofr it on others forums and haven’t see it anything else. Please, help.

This exact form works on another netlify project I have that is plain HTML and JS. (Not using Angular or any framework)

Please provide a link to your live site hosted on Netlify.

https://peaceful-hawking-7447f8.netlify.com

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting goes? Do you have an idea what is causing the problem?

I think how Angular manage the POST send to the Netlify server, in normal plain HTML it works but with Angular doesn’t. Did anyone make it work?

Angular does not seem to POST - it seems to use HTTP GET instead, which won’t work with our service.

I don’t know how to make it work, but I suspect it is possible, and I bet someone here may even know. But maybe not any of our staff since we’re currently looking for an Angular expert to fill the gap in our developer experience team, so hopefully another customer will sound off.

But you can see that your code uses GET in the browser developer tools, and hopefully you can figure out how to change that behavior. This post describes this and other requirements of our forms service: [Support Guide] Form problems, form debugging, 404 when submitting

1 Like

Hi, does Netlify have an update on this issue? I am trying to use a contact form with Angular and having similar problems.

Hi @huntzinger92 - thanks for your patience. I have asked one of our angular experts to chime in on this so we can get you some help.

1 Like

Thanks, I would appreciate that.

hey @huntzinger92 - I am going to close this thread in favour of the other thread,

you have open on angular forms so we don’t get lost :slight_smile: