How do i route a custom subdomain to the server of another company?

I have a site being hosted on netlify, using a custom url purchased on godaddy.

alma.vacations

I now need to create two new subdomains:

login.alma.vacations
members.alma.vacations

and make CNAME records pointing both of these subdomains toward:

secure.sordomain.com

How do I do this in netlify?

hello? Anybody there? Need to resolve this as soon as possible, so if there is any information available regarding this issue, please let me know and point me toward it, thank you :slight_smile:

We do try to get to these as fast as we can, sorry it wasn’t as fast as you hoped!

you do this in our UI here:

and have already done so. The problem is not in what you created, which is correctly configured, but in that it clashes with what we had already created first:

I can see that since you’ve already created the new ones, you are authorized to request removal of the old ones, which we have to do for you.

Those two should work better now, but let me know if not!

hmmm…thank you! XD

…but I don’t follow what you mean by ‘already created first’…what does that mean?

And yeah, the client has been emailing quite persistently, so I very much appreciate your expediency in the matter :slight_smile:

Also, do I need to add these subdomains here:

…or is doing it in the DNS records enough for it to work?

No, I don’t think you should add the records there.

If you want to those domains to point to the Netlify site, then add it under Site Name > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains (which is the screenshot you included).

However, I don’t think you want the custom domains to point to that site. Instead, it sounds like you want the domains to point to some other server. If so, you should add the required DNS records here:

What are “the required DNS records”? This is most often done using A, AAAA, and/or CNAME records. The other service will provide the details about exactly what records need to be created.

If there are questions about getting those records created at Netlify, please let us know what records are required and we’ll be happy to assist.

Finally, if you want more information about the NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 records we deleted there is more information about this here:

https://answers.netlify.com/t/common-issue-someone-else-is-using-my-domain-dns-zone-or-i-cant-remove-the-netlify-records-in-my-dns-zone/8974