How can i view those who view my website - netlify analytics

how can i view those who view my website

Depends what kind of information you’re looking for, Daniel.

1. we have an analytics product that gives you statistics on top pages and user agents: Analytics | Netlify Docs which will be better at detecting trends than telling you exactly who visits
  2. you could use something like google analytics for free, but it has the same limitations
  3. you could gate your site by login (see this blog post for details), but that is a complicated thing to do and probably not a very good user experience.

In short, you can’t easily tell exactly who visits your Netlify site.

Where can I see user agents? I just paid for Analytics to see how Google crawls
the site

we have an analytics product that gives you statistics on top pages and user agents:

What’s your Netlify site, @michal?

I am not allowed to post it publicly. Can we get in touch in some private channel?

Hi, @michal, the user-agent information is not available in Analytics. Referrer sources are available the the user-agent details are not. (I know this was stated above but I believe that statement to be incorrect.)

Regarding sharing the site details with us, you can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff and I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Note, that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

@luke Is user-agent on the roadmap for Analytics?

hi there, i can’t confirm or deny what is currently on the roadmap for analytics, or give you a time frame for any of that work, but I do know that this is a concern for our customers, and we are aware of it. I’ll be happy to circle back here as soon as i know anything more definite. Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

+1 for user-agent analytics.

1 Like

+1 for this too. More typing to hit 20 chars.

We got big bandwith charge in recent days and there is no way to tell if Netlify is just making these bills up when there is no user agent log. Google Analytics doesn’t show any peaks in traffic but Netlify is showing dozens of GB being downloaded every day while a week or two ago it was just MB.

hi michal, can you share the API ID for the site please? that’s safe to share publicly, no one can do anything with it unless they are a netlify admin.

I am already in touch with Billing Support.