Godaddy Subdomain forward to netlify site (mobile site showing up as desktop)

I have a working go daddy subdomain forwarding to a netlify site.
On desktop browser it works as expected but on mobile it is showing only the desktop site.

I have followed the instruction on Netlify to change the DNS as told. I have contacted the GoDaddy Support team which has assured me it is set up exactly how it should be according to the notes.

Godaddy refered to this link to share with Netlify.

thanks

Hi, @mr1, which Netlify site is this for?

Also, when you say it is showing the desktop site instead of the mobile version, can you be specific about how this is determined? In other words, when I make an HTTP request, what difference is there is the response which will show me which version of the site has been sent?

With these two details, we’ll be able to research this issue. If there are other questions for us, please let us know anytime.

tntmotors.netlify.com (working perfectly)
tnt.niko.la (godaddy subdomain)

When visiting the actual netlify hosted site it works fine. Just when visitng the go daddy forwarded one it giving issue on mobile. You see this visiting the site and clicking inspect on google chrome and selecting a sample smartphone/tablet

Hi, @mr1. Right not that domain (tnt.niko.la) isn’t pointing to Netlify. It isn’t working because it doesn’t point to the Netlify site above.

First, I did a DNS lookup on tnt.niko.la which is included below:

$ dig tnt.niko.la +noall +answer

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> tnt.niko.la +noall +answer
;; global options: +cmd
tnt.niko.la.		396	IN	A	184.168.131.241

This shows that tnt.niko.la directs to the following IP address: 184.168.131.241

When I check the IP address itself, I can see that it is one at GoDaddy:

$ whois 184.168.131.241 | grep OrgName
OrgName:        GoDaddy.com, LLC

So, that subdomain doesn’t point to this Netlify site when I test.

One way to resolve this would be to use the “external DNS configuration” method.

First, add the subdomain here (and I do see this is already done, by the way):

So, since that is already complete above, the last step would be to create the following DNS record (or something similar):

tnt.niko.la.		600	IN	CNAME	tntmotors.netlify.com.

Would you please test creating that record (at GoDaddy) and let us know if that resolves the issue or not?

“I just checked the case notes, domain forwarding has been resolved and regarding mobile site you need to check with your developer netify”

“Please contact netlify regarding mobile site.”

Thia is what the GoDADDY CS team said.

Its getting pretty frustrating dealing with their chat team and iterating it each time.

I dont see why this is happening.

Can you check if its netlify issue?

If not I am ready to port the domain over to netlify.
I just need some guidance with email forwarding.
I need alll email from the niko.la to forward to my other email address.

It is not required to transfer the domain to Netlify (or to use our Netlify DNS service) to use it with a Netlify site. You can keep your current DNS provider and point the site to Netlify using external DNS configuration:

Regarding email services, we don’t provide any email services at all. There is more about that here:

If you want to switch to Netlify DNS and not disrupt email service, we cover that in the following topic:

There is still the question of the mobile site showing the wrong content.

Netlify doesn’t do anything differently for a mobile device than it does for a laptop or a desktop computer. If the site is to appear differently to different devices, that must be handled in the site javascript and related files.

One thing that would help us regarding the mobile site, is the x-nf-request-id response header for the HTTP request. There is more information about that here:

As the topic states, if the x-nf-request-id header isn’t available, we would need the following details instead:

• the complete URL requested
  • the IP address for the system making the request
  • the IP address for the CDN node that responded
  • the day of the request
  • the time of the request
  • the timezone the time is in

Would you please send us either the x-nf-request-id header for the mobile device request or, if that cannot be found, send those details listed above instead?