- Netlify site name: xenodochial-feynman-1c9012
- Netlify CMS Version: ^2.0.0, which translates to 2.10.55 on unpkg as of the time of this writing
- Repository: https://github.com/SeanKilleen/seankilleen.github.io
- Config file: https://seankilleen.com/admin/config.yml
Recently, I have been experiencing issues with Netlify CMS that I am having difficulty troubleshooting.
Whenever I attempt to save any entry, I see an error:
Failed to persist entry: API_ERROR: GitRPC::BadObjectState
I’ve tried to resolve this in the following ways:
- I checked the related topic at Failed to persist entry: API_ERROR: GitRPC::BadObjectState but this seemed to be a problem with the user’s config file and I cannot map that to any issue with my config file that I’m aware of.
- I have looked at the history of my config.yml file and reverted it to a month ago just to ensure no recent changes had caused the issue.
- I attempted to specifically pin the Netlify CMS version to 2.10.49 which I know I’d used successfully.
- For a given post, I updated from the main branch in GitHub to ensure it was up to date. I then cleared all cached for my site via the browser dev tools as far as I could tell.
A few things I can think of that might be culprits but I’m not sure how to officially diagnose:
- I recently changed my default branch from “master” to “main”, but had used the CMS successfully since then and the PRs are all against the correct base branch currently in GitHub.
- I recently updated the yaml in one or two posts to add a header image as supported by the theme I’m using (the Minimal Mistakes Jekyll theme). The YAML is correct and it appears correct in the web site, but my Netlify CMS config doesn’t account for that YAML. Does it need to be included in the config definition if one item uses it?
Any help here would be appreciated – I very mych enjoy using Netlify CMS!