Git Gateway Error: Please ask your site administrator to reissue the Git Gateway token

I use Gatsby Netlify CMS starter.

1. After cloned, pushed it to my public repo, deployed to Netlify, everything works.
  2. Cloned the num 1., pushed it to my private repo, deployed to Netlify, ENABLE Identity, Enable Git Gateway & Generate access token in GitHub but I can not access the admin. Error message below.

Git Gateway Error: Please ask your site administrator to reissue the Git Gateway token.

I try everything that they suggested in here.

Can you help please?

Thank you!

If you’ve indeed tried everything, I don’t think there’s anything more anyone can suggest. It covers the most basic step, that is re-issuing an access token to delete the entire website and reconnect it to GitHub. One of that has to work as said by everyone there.

Would you be willing to retry all of them one by one?

There’s yet another comment on there for organization repos: Git Gateway + private repo · Issue #971 · netlify/netlify-cms · GitHub

Help needed please!!

I used Stackbit to create my site. Its a Gatsby site using GIT as CMS. The Netlify CMS configuration is well in place. It is working very well for all my Non-Stackbit sites. But it is not working to any of my Stackbit sites. It gives the following error while logging to Netlify CMS.

Git Gateway Error: Please ask your site administrator to reissue the Git Gateway token

I have regenerated the GitHub API access token many times. I have removed the user and added again but the above error continues. Can anybody help on this?? Thanks.

I did not have any organizations in my profile.

Can you resolved the issue?

The issue remains unresolved. Please help!!

This thread has a few more responses: Git Gateway error

1 Like

Hi folks,
Could you please try the suggestion here and let us know if it works for you?

1 Like

I actually set push it to Git main but when I changed the code in config.yml from master to main, it works now!

Thank you all!

4 Likes

That worked! Thatnks!

1 Like

Had the same problem and solved it by changing the ** params.yaml** file.
Under extensions/ cms/ I had the default branch set to main.
Changed it to ‘master’ and it worked fine.

1 Like