Getting this error while configuring netlify lfs : Provisioning Netlify Large Media × Provisioning Netlify Large Media → Error {"error":"Large Media addon doesn't support the repo linked to multiple sites

Hi , we are trying to intergrate

Transform images | Netlify Docs

We are getting this error

getting this error while configuring netlify lfs : Provisioning Netlify Large Media
× Provisioning Netlify Large Media
→ Error {“error”:“Large Media addon doesn’t support the repo linked to multiple sites”}
Configuring Git LFS for this site
{ Error: Error {“error”:“Large Media addon doesn’t support the repo linked to multiple sites”}
at createAddon (C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\netlify-cli\node_modules\netlify-lm-plugin\node_modules\netlify\src\addons.js:24:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7) context: [Object: null prototype] {} }

Can someone please give clarity on what this is and how we fit it ?

Hi, @theanswer, this means that our API believe the same repo was already linked to a different site with Large Media enabled for it.

If Large Media is enabled for a site at Netlify, that same repo cannot be linked to other sites. This in covered in the limitations section of the Large Media documentation.

Is there a .lfsconfig file already in the repo? If so, what is the content of that file? (It is safe to post that content here.)

If that file doesn’t exist, what is the URL for the repo you are trying to connect to (or is already connected to) the site?

@luke There is no .lfsconfig file our URL is https://amazing-sinoussi-953b08.netlify.app

thank you for your time
Kind regards

Hi, @theanswer. I can confirm that this repo isn’t linked to any other sites so that error doesn’t make sense.

Would you be willing to please test the following?

If so, in the repo directory with the Netlify CLI tool, please do the following:

$ netlify logout
$ netlify login

Then, in our web app, please “re-link” the existing repo here:

To “re-link”, the steps are:

• click the “Edit settings” button on the page above
  • click “Link to a different repository”
  • select the original repository

Then try the Large Media setup again:

$ netlify plugins:install netlify-lm-plugin
$ netlify lm:install 
$ netlify link
$ netlify lm:setup

You might skip the netlify link step if the repo is already linked to the site correctly. (You can test that with netlify status.)

If this still doesn’t resolve the issue, please let us know.

I am having same issue. " → Error {“error”:“Large Media addon doesn’t support the repo linked to multiple sites”}"

I have followed the steps above.

site: e4336933-805c-4d99-a601-76d36bddcd59

Hi, @f3rg. The repository that site is using is already linked to two sites, for a total of three sites with the same repo. (Note, there are two different accounts using this repo.)

We cover this in the limitations documentation for Large Media, quoting:

• Files tracked with Netlify Large Media are tied to a specific site. This means that Deploy to Netlify buttons and repositories with multiple connected sites (such as monorepos) are not supported. Similarly, you cannot create a new site from a fork of a repository, though you can fork a Large-Media-enabled repository for the purpose of making contributions to be merged into the original repository.

This site won’t be able to use Large Media until the repo is unlinked from the other two sites. The easiest way to do so is to delete the sites under the other account. However, our support team can also manually unlink the repos with the account owner’s permission.

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.

Hi,
I’m also getting this error message and by all means, I can’t find out what other site this repo is linked to. At least it shouldn’t be in my account, and no one else should have access to my repos.

My site-id is bcc7e784-db86-4204-bbea-3fe66e4fd158.

Would you be able to have a look at this?

Thanks a lot!

Hi @ariana,

That repo was indeed linked to an another site which belonged to a cancelled account. I’ve unlinked that site from the repo. Could you try to see if it works now?

Hi @hrishikesh,
thanks for your help. It seems the setup has worked now.

But I’m unable to push my changes. It prompts me for username and password.

However I think the setup is correct:

$ git config -l | grep netlify
include.path=/home/arilix/.config/netlify/helper/git-config
credential.helper=netlify
lfs.https://bcc7e784-db86-4204-bbea-3fe66e4fd158.netlify.app/.netlify/large-media.access=basic

Would you happen to know what I need to do now?

Hi, @ariana. Moving the Git LFS services to Large Media means that you need to authenticate with both the Git host (GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket) and Netlify.

The Netlify authentication is handled by the Netlify Git Credential Helper which is installed when Large Media is configured. Enabling the Git Credential Helper is a manual step and there are instructions printed on screen which explain how to do that. Those instructions are specific to the local system and generated by the netlify-cli tool dynamically so I cannot say exactly what the correct instructions are for you.

You can see if the Git Credential Helper is installed with the command netlify lm:info, like so:

$ netlify lm:info
  ✔ Checking Git version [2.31.1]
  ✔ Checking Git LFS version [2.13.3]
  ✔ Checking Git LFS filters
  ✔ Checking Netlify's Git Credentials version [0.1.10]

If it is not installed you can install it with this:

netlify lm:install

The command above should give you the correct local system specific instructions to finalize the Git Credential Helper configuration if it isn’t installed already.

Note, you must also be logged using netlify-cli for this to work. If you are not sure if you are logged in you can run this:

netlify login

If you want to confirm if you are logged into the correct team (the same team with this site), you can check with netlify status which will show the current login information.

​Please let us know if you still get this error after installing the Git Credential Helper or if there are any other questions.

thanks again for your help. I already did logout and re-link. The thing that fixed it in the end, was actually invalidating the cli token from netlify ui side.

I had some more trouble with what seems like stale files. But that seems to somehow have resolved itself now as well.

Hi, @ariana. Thank you for taking the time to post the solution here! We appreciate it and some future person searching here for answers is likely to appreciate it even more than we do. Thanks again for doing this!

Hi,
I’m also getting this error message and can’t find out what other site this repo is linked to. I’ve just one… but maybe I’ve deleted some in the past?

My site is elegant-ganache-8767f8

Would you be able to have a look at this?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, @zemoko. The other site was created on a different team about 12 hours before the elegant-ganache-8767f8 site. It looks like the other email address is yours as well based on the username portion of the email address. The domain name portion is a .org email address. I hope that helps to find the other account.

Also, I would recommend not just using Large Media at all for your site. (If you don’t use Large Media you won’t see that error.)

You can use Git LFS for the repo and not use Large Media. That would be my recommendation in this case.

The environment variables to use are at the end of this documentation section:

https://docs.netlify.com/configure-builds/environment-variables/#netlify-configuration-variables

The environment variables being:

• GIT_LFS_ENABLED=true
  • GIT_LFS_FETCH_INCLUDE (only required if you want to override the defaults)

Please reply anytime, @zemoko, if there are other questions about this.

Yes, thank’s for your help, and for your recommandation! I’ve merged my two accounts and definitly will explore the idea of Git LFS!