Getting ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Hi,
When I’m trying to access my domain I’m getting this error on chrome ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
I have to reload many times before it finally shows up.
I’ve initiated a renew of the SSL certificate but not sure if this will help.
What am I missing?

Hi, @ivan.tk. We’ll need more information to troubleshoot this.

In order to troubleshoot this, we need to be able to track the HTTP response with this issue. The simplest way to do this is to send us the x-nf-request-id header which we send with every HTTP response.

There more information about this header here:

However, if the SSL negotiation is failing, there probably isn’t any header (or anything else) being sent.

If that header isn’t available for any reason, please send the information it replaces (or as many of these details as possible). Those details are:

• the complete URL requested
  • the IP address for the system making the request
  • the IP address for the CDN node that responded
  • the day of the request
  • the time of the request
  • the timezone the time is in

Would you please send us those details? If so, we’ll be happy to research this further.

Hi @luke

Here is it while it responds with error: x-nf-request-id: 55d51b51-1edb-4999-8508-4fe63421eac4-6843691

This one returns when the page finally loads after many refreshes: x-nf-request-id: 532b9615-6509-40a9-be67-156d72bbfabe-5731015

Hi, @ivan.tk, this topic became untracked and this is why it has taken me so long to reply. (It is being tracked again now.)

For the first request id (55d51b51-1edb-4999-8508-4fe63421eac4-6843691), I’m seeing this as a successful SSL negotiation which returned a 304 response from a CDN node near San Francisco.

I see the second request id (532b9615-6509-40a9-be67-156d72bbfabe-5731015) as being a 200 response from a different CDN node (also near San Francisco) almost 24 hours later.

Is this issue still happening? If so, would it be possible to get a HAR file capture when the issue is occurring?

Hi @luke, somehow it’s not happening anymore.
Thanks!

1 Like