General question about capabilities of password-protected sites

Before I go wading through all the details, I’d like to find out at a high-level whether Netlify’s password-protection features can generally do what I need. I appreciate anyone willing to lend their judgment and help me figure out my next steps. Thanks in advance!

I’m looking to start a membership/subscription site and so I need authentication and to manage members. I believe that all the pieces I need are there, except perhaps integrating add/remove members with the payment system I’m using (Thrivecart). If I can use Zapier to add and remove members (adding → creating a user account; removing → revoking an authorization role and/or removing a user account), then I presume I have everything that I need. Can anyone comment on reasons why Netlify’s current password-related features wouldn’t suffice for my purposes? Has anyone out there tried to run a membership site of this type and regretted it? or loved it?

Thanks.

The support bot has asked me to comment here again, hoping to get the ball rolling on finding an answer. so this comment is that.