Free Account, DNS record clean up

Need to delete my main netlify record @ record for a domain name (adminremix.com)

take what is currently at adminremix.com and move it to – old-website.adminremix.com (maybe should be done first)

create a new A record for the main domain pointing to 99.83.181.15

…When reaching out to support to delete the netlify records I get a message that free accounts can not reach support…Can anyone from netlify help with this?

hi there, are you receiving an error message when you try and do this through the UI? if yes, what message do you receive?

Since you can not delete netlify records, I can not add a new main A record. This results in throwing

dns_api adminremix.com - adminremix.com/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty

After hitting save

Looks like the only current solution is to reach out to support team, however as stated above free accounts are now blocked from reaching out to support.

Hi, @hkd987, our support team will be happy to delete any unwanted NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 type DNS records. Just to confirm, the following changes are needed:

• the NETLIFY type record for adminremix.com should be deleted
  • an A record for adminremix.com should be added pointing to 99.83.181.15
  • the custom domain old-website.adminremix.com should be added to the site where adminremix.com was originally

What about the www subdomain? Should that continue to point to the same site? If so, this complicates things.

If you want both adminremix.com and www.adminremix.com removed from the site and those to both be changed to the IP address 99.83.181.15, that can be done. But removing one and keeping the other requires manual changes and means all domain aliases will be ignored. If that is the case, you can have either www.adminremix.com pointing to the site or old-website.adminremix.com pointing to the site but not both.

Would you please confirm which changes should be made?

Yes both AdminRemix.com and www.adminremix.com will be moved to the above IP address.

Sry for the short response I’m on mobile.

Hi, @hkd987, those changes have been made. If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Same problem here and I don’t want to open a new thread for that.

Can you please delete both records of the domains in the list below?

• cash.crnk.wtf
  • companion.crnk.wtf
  • discord.crnk.wtf
  • money.crnk.wtf
  • vtt.crnk.wtf

Hi Luke, I am having the same problem with below error message:

dns_api redbanksia.com - redbanksia.com/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty

Can I please have A records cleared except for:

Name: @
Host: mail
TTL: 14400
Type: A
Points to: 162.241.224.110

Thanks

hey cal, i responded to you on the other thread, and as i mentioned, starting multiple threads/replies has a tendency to slow us down more than speed us up :slight_smile:

@ChrisNix - to confirm, you are OK with us removing NETLIFY and A records for those subdomains?

Yes. Go ahead :slight_smile:

Hi, @ChrisNix and @Cal.

The NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 (if they existed for the v6) records for these domain names have been deleted now.

If there are any question or other records for us to delete, please reply here to let us know.

2 Likes