Forms coming out blank after submission

For some reason I’m getting a blank form submissions. They say your form has been submitted but the form page doesn’t show the text that is written there. Heres my form for contact html code:
`

<form  action="thank-you" class="contact" netlify name="contactform">

<strong class="text-center-xs">For general information, please complete the following form (Currently unavailable).</strong>

<div class="form-group name">

<label for="name">your name</label>

<input type="text" class="form-control" id="name" placeholder="please introduce">

</div>

<div class="form-group email">

<label for="email">Your email</label>

<input type="email" class="form-control" id="email" placeholder="example@mail.com">

</div>

<div class="form-group subject">

<label for="subject">Subject</label>

<input type="text" class="form-control" id="subject" placeholder="">

</div>

<div class="form-group message">

<label for="message">What's your message?</label>

<textarea class="form-control" rows="4"></textarea>

</div>

<button type="submit" class="btn btn-warning submit">Send</button>

</form>`

I could provide a link to the site if needed.

thank you!

this is the site. The contact form is below. https://kind-lamarr-6b26c4.netlify.com

Hi there, can you summarize what you’ve tried and which resources you’ve consulted before posting?

Also, when you are testing your forms, are you using obvious “dummy” data, such as test@test.com etc?

I tired looking through similar form topics about form submissions coming blank on netifly but they were using js code. I willing to us needed but I’m used to using html. Also Yes I used words like test and test@test.com

can you please try testing it again with “real” data - that might be why it fails:

as in, you are potentially not seeing submits because you are tripping the spam filter by using too-obvious dummy data . :+1:

The forms are verified they are just blank.I also added honeypot to the form tag.

Hi! I think I’ve spotted the very-easy-to-make mistake. Your inputs and textarea are missing the “name” attribute.

e.g. <input type="email" class="form-control" id="email" placeholder="example@mail.com">

needs to be

<input type="email" class="form-control" id="email" placeholder="example@mail.com" name="email">

2 Likes

Every item in your form should contain a name attribute to show up on the netlify form submissions.

Do that and you should be sorted

1 Like

I got it to work by putting the name attribute in every item! Thank you

1 Like

glad its working now, thanks for keeping us posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes