Form Submission not detected

Hi Team,

We have been facing issues with the Form Submission on our site

Site Url: Contact | Gatsby Starter Blog
We have followed the documentation as described in the Forms Setup.

The Form Name has been detected in the Control Panel. We have also checked the Spam submissions section but no submissions were detected.

Could you please help us here.

Adding the code as well for reference
<form name="contact" method="POST" data-netlify="true"> <p> <label>Your Name: <input type="text" name="name" /></label> </p> <p> <label>Your Email: <input type="email" name="email" /></label> </p> <p> <label>Your Role: <select name="role[]" multiple> <option value="leader">Leader</option> <option value="follower">Follower</option> </select></label> </p> <p> <label>Message: <textarea name="message"></textarea></label> </p> <p> <button type="submit">Send</button> </p> </form>

Thanks
John

Hi Team,

What I tried was adding the tag enctype=“application/x-www-form-urlencoded” to the form as suggested in a another topic but no luck.

Reference: Form parameters not being saved

Thanks
John

Hey @johnpkeek,
I believe, since Gatsby is rendering this form with Javascript, you’ll need a bit more code to handle capturing the inputs to the form and sending them to our backend.

This commit includes what you need to create a form in Gatsby and push users to a custom “thank you” page on submit:

You could also delete these lines and that should send people to the “stock” thank you page:
https://github.com/kaganjd/gatsby-starter-default-form/blob/form-custom-success/src/components/nameform.js#L35-L36

Let me know if that helps!

Hi Jen,

Thank you for your response. I checked the commits attached by you. The article that helped me was this, in particular

The form’s name attribute is repeated in a hidden form-name field. This is absolutely necessary . If you omit this field or mistype the name, your entries will either throw an error or get lost somewhere in the internet abyss.

I feel this - <input type="hidden" name="form-name" value="Your Form Name" />
should be included in the official Forms documentation by Netlify so that others also don’t bump into such issues.

Another observation is on the Redirects. The official documentation says Save a plain text file called _redirects upon which I created _redirects.txt file and hoping it works, whereas _redirects file without any extension is what is expected. May be if this is also included in the official document then it would sound much clearer.

Most of the actual form submissions end up as Spam during my testing, have included the Netlify honeypot spam filtering, yet they end up in the Spam section. I referenced this thread - on Spam Filters Forward Spam Submissions for forms to email and as suggested would train the machines by marking as not spam on the ones that aren’t spam.

Thanks Again
John