Feature requests - what do you already love, what could be better?

Thanks, great tip! If only I knew about it before I built my own solution :slight_smile:

I have to give credit to @budparr for that one. He linked it in thenewdynamic slack channel.

1 Like

I would love the ability to configure individual Netlify functions to run as Cron jobs

1 Like

@parkeragee the above method I mention would work for functions also. You could even secure the request with a key that is set on both sides to keep someone from abusing the endpoint if needed.

I do agree it’d be nice to have everything in one place for simplicity, but the solution is already fully feature rich and viable if you have an urgent need.

If only Netlify could also deploy managed Hasura (https://hasura.io/) so that we can deploy apps with database with a great degree of flexibility!

Hook into dynamodb and send email via ses without needing to use your own aws account, just like Netlify
Functions.

1 Like

The ability to host a database alongside functions.

Potentially Postgres, or a NoSQL db(?)

I feel this would give users a completed stack across the platform.

2 Likes

Good call @tomrutgers!
We agree. This is now possible:

3 Likes

That’s awesome @philhawksworth, thanks for making it a priority! :partying_face:

3 Likes

It’d be great to be able to cleanup/delete previous builds. Like being able to setup a hook so that when a branch is deleted/MR merged the old builds get removed.

1 Like

@skatkov

Another cron alternative, if you want to build every hour for free, you can use IFTTT Date & Time to trigger the webhook

2 Likes

It might be a bit obvious, but deleting dummy forms from the sites dashboard would be pretty useful!

1 Like

we are working on this, @tomrutgers! No timeline, but we have it on the radar :slight_smile:

Figured as much, but wanted to make sure. :+1:

Better image optimisation! Add support to next-gen images like webp :slight_smile:

1 Like

Add support to QUIC.

Image optimization for Large Media would be great as well

2 Likes

I think it would be great if there were more Git provider integrations, specifically Azure DevOps would make me very happy.

2 Likes

Posted in another smaller thread before seeing this one but I too would like a simple cron scheduler for Netlify functions.

Great idea, Destiner! Last week we launched Netlify Analytics which does exactly this.

Feel free to join us in the Analytics topic if you try it out and have any feedback to share.

2 Likes