Feature requests - what do you already love, what could be better?

Hello,

There were two things I thought might be worth mentioning here.

First, I’ve been trying to make a personal website using elm. However, I ran into some issues, so I made a post about it. I got no replies, but I realized my support post might honestly qualify as a feature request? Anyways, I have no idea how netlify’s build environment works but if “elm make” still works in the system, I thought it might be nice to add it to the official documentation (which I linked in my original post). However, if you’re doing that it might be wise to add versioning for “elm make” to the netlify config file, and that might be a little more complicated. I personally have been doing everything in my power to steer clear of npm and Elm seemed like the ideal way to do that. Can you guys at least update the Elm version?

Second, once I realized my post probably wasn’t going to get a reply, I started looking into trying to find the right person to contact; while I found a couple of the support engineers, I noticed I couldn’t send them direct messages, which is normally a thing on Discourse. I am assuming that the DM feature is locked down (for obvious reasons) but while looking I realized something useful.

Last year I spent a while working with Namebase to set up their Discourse and I found that you could personalize the Discobot welcome message. One of my areas of expertise is group dynamics. Odds are, you guys have a clear idea of how you generally are trying to integrate new members into the community (eg. these permissions after these many days, we want people to be helping by doing xyz things, etc); the welcome message from the Discobot is an excellent way to centralize information about how you being a community member here works. As an example, perhaps community members are kept from ever using the direct messaging function so that any questions they might ask can benefit the rest of the community. I don’t know how you guys have structured your onboarding process, but the discobot is a missed opportunity.

Sorry this is so long, wasn’t planning on it, but I hope this is all valuable feedback!
Cheers,
Mitchell