Failed to renew TLS certificate

I have my domain purchased and hosted through word press and I have gotten this message that TLS is about to expire and I have multiple A records for my site. I am not sure how to resolve this.

The TLS certificate for www.universaldialers.com will expire on Jun 09, 2020. We tried to renew it, but got this error message:

Domain universaldialers.com has multiple A records

We’ll keep trying — in most cases of failure, we succeed on the next attempt. However, it’s still a good idea to check the certificate status in your site’s SSL/TLS settings.

Hey @James22,
I took a look and it does seem like we have several DNS zone records for that domain name under an existing account, including an A record linking universaldialers.com to Netlify’s CDN. But it sounds like you also have A records set up linking that domain to Wordpress servers. So that’s probably the issue with your SSL renewal. If you want, you can continue using Netlify DNS for your DNS hosting and we can help you create the records you need for your bare domain. Alternatively, you can migrate away from Netlify DNS and set up records pointing to us at Wordpress- your call!

Let us know how we can help :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your reply. I would say if we can migrate away from Netlify DNS and set up records pointing to wordpress that would be great!

Please let me know how I can proceed

Seems you don’t need to migrate anything - you’ll just change your DNS config at wordpress.com to not point to us :slight_smile:

Jen, Thank you so much for your response. I think I just did it , would you mind checking please?

Does that look correct?

This is now correctly configured for us to provision your SSL cert- it looks like you recently renewed, so it will be good through August (and should auto-renew after that).

Are you seeing what you want/expect when you go to https://universaldialers.com/ (which you’ve set up to automatically redirect to https://www.universaldialers.com/)?

If so, I think you’re all set :beers: If not, please let us know.

Perfect! Thank you so much for your help!!

1 Like