Failed during stage 'building site': Deploy directory 'dist' does not exist

Hello, I’m working on a Nuxt.js project and I’m getting the error in my title.

Failed during stage 'building site': Deploy directory 'dist' does not exist

I was thinking this might be because I hadn’t created my dist folder, so I did this with nuxt generate, and the dist folder now exists in my project, but I can’t see it up on my Github repo. Would this be the problem?

I recently deployed a Vue.js site on Netlify, but it worked fine while I was still missing my dist folder in my Github repo.

Can someone please help me out?

hey there,

could you post a screenshot of your build settings and also your package.json please?

I feel fairly sure this is a config issue we can quickly resolve.

Hello, thank you so much!!
Here is my package.json:
Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 22.03.16|690x216](upload://5bpzpKPmcpm4zg5AdMYkbgZdhLw.jpeg)

Here is my build settings:

Hey @mikumikumiku914,

I think you should check out what each build path/setting is intended for.

In your case, dist should contain all of the HTML and ‘deploy ready assets’ and follow Nuxt’s guide on deploying to Netlify :+1:!

Thank you for this @Pieparker.
I tried entering npm run build for my build command, left dist as the publish directory, but I’m still getting Deploy directory 'dist' does not exist. Am I missing something?

Does dist contain all of the HTML and ‘deploy ready assets’ as mentioned above? If it’s empty, it won’t get built.

The html files are in the dist file, but I’m not sure how I should check where ‘deploy ready assets’ are?

According to your build parameters, you should have:

reponame/dist/[files]

Make sure this dist folder isn’t in a .gitignore file if you have one!