Error running command: Build script returned non-zero exit code: 1

Briefly summarize the issues you have been experiencing.
When trying to deploy my site for the first time, I’m receiving the error “Error running command: Build script returned non-zero exit code: 1”

Please provide a link to your live site hosted on Netlify
Site is not live for this reason, but here is a link to my latest build attempt: https://app.netlify.com/sites/latise/deploys/5d1a479ed3745c2a940f3e0b

& here is a link to my project on github:
https://github.com/brianalauren/latise

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting goes? Do you have an idea what is causing the problem?

I tried adding in the build command to my gulpfile, and that hasn’t helped. I’m not quite sure where else to start.

I think that your gulpfile is still wrong based on the error messages. Below is the root cause of the “exit code 1” which means basically “something went wrong during build” so it’s the symptom, rather than the cause, to get that message:

10:50:12 AM: TypeError: gulp.hasTask is not a function
10:50:12 AM:     at /opt/build/repo/node_modules/run-sequence/index.js:23:22
10:50:12 AM:     at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
10:50:12 AM:     at verifyTaskSets (/opt/build/repo/node_modules/run-sequence/index.js:17:11)
10:50:12 AM:     at runSequence (/opt/build/repo/node_modules/run-sequence/index.js:130:2)
10:50:12 AM:     at /opt/build/repo/gulpfile.js:12:3
10:50:12 AM:     at taskWrapper (/opt/build/repo/node_modules/undertaker/lib/set-task.js:13:15)
10:50:12 AM:     at bound (domain.js:402:14)
10:50:12 AM:     at runBound (domain.js:415:12)
10:50:12 AM:     at asyncRunner (/opt/build/repo/node_modules/async-done/index.js:55:18)
10:50:12 AM:     at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:61:11)

What happens when you try to build locally? That’s always the first step in troubleshooting, though there are some more here: [Support Guide] Debugging Netlify site builds . Let us know what you’ve tried to fix it based on that advice, please!