ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS for some users

Hello! We are receiving reports of ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS for some users depending on their location. The site name is frameio-marketing-production. There are no redirects deployed for this site. Users are reporting that they see this error no matter the device or browser they use, but the issue has been occurring intermittently since last week. I am not able to reproduce the error myself so unfortunately I cannot provide the headers at this moment.

Update: users are still experiencing this issue as of 9:24 AM this morning.

Hi, @nonphoto. I first want to mention that the team plan this site is on does include helpdesk support. This means you can request private troubleshooting assistance if you prefer.

For the too many redirects error, it would be helpful to see the redirects occurring. As you mentioned, the headers can help us, specifically the x-nf-request-id HTTP response header:

If that header isn’t available, the following details will be required to troubleshoot:

• the complete URL requested
  • the IP address for the system making the request
  • the IP address for the CDN node that responded
  • the day of the request
  • the time of the request
  • the timezone the time is in

Would you please send us the header or the other information above?

Last but not least, I see the following issue happening for this apex domain at Netlify:

There is an inactive DNS zone for this domain at Netlify. That wouldn’t cause the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS issue but is can (and probably will) block renewal for the automatic Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate. Please do delete that DNS zone as explained in that support guide above.

​Please let us know if there are any questions for us.

Thank you for the detailed response. I would like to move to Helpdesk support, should I resubmit this issue there?

i have opened a helpdesk ticket and linked it to this thread for you, @nonphoto :slight_smile:

Hi, @nonphoto. Please reply here if you do not see the email about the helpdesk ticket.

If you do receive that email, feel free to reply there (or here - whichever you prefer).