EINTEGRITY error on default Gatsby site

Briefly summarize the issues you have been experiencing.
I do not have a problem on my localhost. The following commands do not show an error: gatsby develop, gatsby build, gatsby serve… again no errors on localhost. Pushed to gitlab then created and deployed on Netlify and I get this error.

4:38:21 PM: Installing NPM modules using NPM version 6.9.0
4:38:29 PM: npm
4:38:29 PM: ERR! code EINTEGRITY
4:38:29 PM: npm
4:38:29 PM: ERR! sha512-HwN0EE+9DS7wB0kKy6Bc5kUTUGUAOyZorJeb+ZGeTrxd1ZNwEJn1TfCRuNpRRa+Iu3VeYBcQ2pjuordJ4eqmfA== integrity checksum failed when using sha512: wanted sha512-HwN0EE+9DS7wB0kKy6Bc5kUTUGUAOyZorJeb+ZGeTrxd1ZNwEJn1TfCRuNpRRa+Iu3VeYBcQ2pjuordJ4eqmfA== but got sha512-uvmkwl5uMexCmC0GUv1XGQP0YjfYePJufGg4YYiukhqk2vN1tQxwWJIBERqhOmSi80cppZg8mZnPP/kOMf1sUQ==. (27307 bytes)
Please provide a link to your live site hosted on Netlify
https://app.netlify.com/sites/zen-goldwasser-e7959f

What have you tried as far as troubleshooting goes? Do you have an idea what is causing the problem?
I have no idea what could cause this. I completely deleted the project from loccalhost, GitLab and Netlify that I created yesterday and recreated it today with the same error.

Do you have any other information that is relevant, such as links to docs, libraries, or other resources?
This is the default Gatsby site without code modifications or additional packages.
it was created with “gatsby new netlify-functions-emails” which uses the default Gatsby repo.
npm --version
6.10.1
Ubuntu OS
I have previously done the same thing for as many as a dozen tutorial projects without a problem.

I was able to resolve this by removing the package-lock.json from my Gitlab repo. I did not try this before because all earlier projects I’ve worked on worked fine with the package-lock.json left in place. I’ve seen arguments both for and against checking in the lock file but this is the first time I’ve seen a problem that seems to be related to it. I’d like to hear anything anyone has to say about why this might occasionally be a problem and especially why other Netlify projects may not.

As an additional test I deployed a tutorial I had deployed, tested and removed a few days ago. It produced the same error. Removing the package-lock.json for this project also took care of the error so this appears to be a change in behavior.

1 Like

thanks for keeping us updated on what happened and how you were able to resolve the issue~!

1 Like