Edit DNS-record

Trying to edit the DNS-record of a domain but it says that they are a system record that cannot be managed directly.

When tryin to add new records manually I get error message “dns_api (domain)/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty”

Also doesn’t seems to be a way to edit name servers?

Hi, @calmrites, and welcome to our Netlify community site.

The DNS records of type “NETLIFY” (also “NETLIFYv6”) are system records and can only be deleted by our support team at this time. If these system records are deleted it will allow you to create other records for the same names as the system records which were deleted.

Regarding the changing the NS (name server) records, this can only be done where the domain is registered.

If you registered the domain using the Netlify web app, the registrar is Name.com and not Netlify (as we are a reseller and not a registrar ourselves).

If this is the case, we can transfer the domain to your direct control at Name.com and you can then change the DNS servers (the NS records) for the domain with their service.

Again, we are happy to delete the system records if you like and/or to transfer this domain if you tell us to do so. If there are other questions, please let us know.

Hi @luke, thank you for your reply!

I tried to send a request to have our domain transfered to our name.com account but could not send the request because we are on a free netlify plan and was directed to this community for assistance.

I would appreciate if you could help us delete the system records and transfer the domain to our name.com account code: 2018586-5b5ef15

We have sent you an email about this transfer. We’ll complete the process using that email for communication.

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive it.