Domain Google/Facebook Pixel Issue

I’ve been having an issue on the 2 sites I deployed where I am having multiple instances of google analytics/facebook pixel being read across all my custom domains and the netlify subdomain. Ideally I would like to only have Ohio.KratosGp.com that would count the visits from “www” also, but I’m not sure what’s going on here, any help would be appreciated thanks!

Site was built using gatsby if that makes a difference

Hey @joshs,
I don’t know of a good way around this unfortunately. It seems like the way this pixel works is it gets the URL of the page it’s on, sends that to Google, and then Google counts how many times it gets that URL. It counts separate URLs as separate pages, even though some of these are basically your dev/testing environments, which you don’t want to count traffic to. Is there a way to configure that on the Google side? Like “ignore traffic from x specific domains”?

On the plus side, it looks like traffic to your *.netlify.app pages are pretty negligible compared to traffic to the other domains.

This is not really what you’re after, but still pretty cool and analytics-related:
https://oliverjam.es/blog/diy-analytics-netlify-functions/

Let us know if we can answer any other questions.