DNS Zone already exists

Hi all, I’m trying to use Netlify DNS to add a custom domain but when going through the wizard, verifying I own the domain, etc., I get the error message,

“A DNS zone for this domain already exists under a different account”

I had a previous netlify account linked to this domain, but i deleted it, so i have no way of accessing it to delete or transfer che the custom domain.
Since the UI said it would take a while, i waited, but still i get the same message. Is there any way to spedd up the process? the domain is bytes.black.

Many thanks,

Hi @strjya! Welcome to netlify community.

We’ll need to verify some details with you in order to help, so I am sending you an email with next steps. :slight_smile:

@laura I have the same issue I also deleted previous accounts. Please send me the steps, I already contacted the tech support but no reply.

@kaushalyap - I am sending you an email now! :slight_smile:

@laura I replied to your email, but I did not receive any response with a solution to my problem?
Please help me fix this issue

Hi, @kaushalyap. I replied to that email just now.

If there are other questions, please follow-up with a response there.

Hi @laura and @luke, I am experiencing the same problem. May I be notified of the steps I need to take to resolve this issue? Thank you!

I’ve just replied to you in the other thread. Please avoid asking the same question in multiple places in the future so that multiple people don’t put effort into answering you.

Thanks!

Hi Laura!
I’m having the same problem and getting the message “A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1” error trying to create DNS zone “nevilletrucking.com

Can you please delete DNS zone so I can redo it?

I’ve transferred domain from squarespace to netlify per communities recommendations so need help getting past that error message above.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi Sasha and sorry to say we can’t help with that one - it was configured by squarespace in their NS1 account, and they need to remove it before we can (let you) create a new one in our account.

Their tech support might be able to help out with that, but we don’t have permission to do so.