DNS setting for root domain

Our dns settings for the site vowasa.com works fine for the most parts but this apex/root domain gives a privacy setting error. So if we write vowasa.com the Safari browser still gives the privacy error even the ssl is set.

The dns pointer should be the right one .

What could be the problem here?

hi there, welcome.

How long has it been since you started setting up the apex domain? It could be that things just need a little more time.

See this post:

If you run a search on “apex” here in the forums you will see a couple of other posts that might also be of interest. If you can’t resolve the issue, please let us know and we’ll take a closer look.

Hey Perry, netlify support did help me out. The issue was the TTL of the previous record. They re-ran it and it is working correctly now.

1 Like

Hi Thanks guys for the reply. We did set up the dns a week ago so the timeframe should be finished. I can remember that the TTL was short when adding the dns pointer. So might be stuck here?

Hi @thatgriffith!

You were right. We just got that fixed for you.

Generally, the reason we are unable to provision a complete SSL certificate for your custom domain is that the DNS cache time to live (TTL) value for a record has not had time to expire (from your old settings) before you tried to use it with Netlify. Our SSL provider (https://letsencrypt.org) is unable to create certificates for names that have old cached values still in effect.

Depending on how you configure your domain, we may only attempt to fetch the certificate once - when you update your settings with the new domain name. Usually, if it is your first hostname on a site, we’ll try several times until we succeed.

If that process generates a partial certificate, there is usually a button in our UI to renew the certificate which would try to add all appropriate names.

The additional delay between your attempt and mine seems to have been enough to allow things to work right when I attempted to re-issue the certificate.

Please let me know if things are not working as expected now.