DNS config for Outlook

Hi there, I’m getting an SPF validation 550 error message from outbound email on Outlook and I think our TXT record is the culprit. Right now we have our site hosted on Shopify and the Shopify DNS records pointing to our Netlify site. On our Netlify DNS settings we have the MX, CNAME, and TXT records from our Outlook.

Our Netlify site is hilos-shoes, our custom domain is www.hilos.co

Any solution for this? My thinking is that Outlook is sending to Shopify which is routing to Netlify and the TXT record needs to be updated accordingly, however I am only given a single option of TXT record from our Outlook admin.

Hi there! This Support guide is the best place to get started with information on dealing with email on Netlify:

If you still have questions after working through this guide, we suggest you try the search, as many people have already asked questions on this topic. If still no luck, let us know and we can troubleshoot with you.

@perry

Sorry, you may have misunderstood me. We already have Outlook as our email service provider and are not looking to change. We’re having issues with SPF validation for outbound from our provider because of the TXT record we have on our DNS settings with Netlify. This may be because our custom domain is hosted elsewhere and points to Netlify, where the TXT, CNAME, AND MX records are kept.

I have searched and not found someone with a similar error. Have you run into issues with Outlook validating TXT records stored on Netlify if the domain is registered with a third party?

Hi,@HILOSshoes. There are no known issues.

We can troubleshoot getting DNS records working with Netlify DNS.

I do see the following DNS record:

$ dig hilos.co TXT  +noall +answer

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> hilos.co TXT +noall +answer
;; global options: +cmd
hilos.co.		3595	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"

Is this the record you wanted to create? If not, what is the correct record?