Dns_api hartbullock.com - hartbullock.com/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty

Hi there,

When I was trying yo add an A record for setting up the MailChimp service for my website, an error occurred: “dns_api hartbullock.com - hartbullock.com/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty” It seems that only the support can delete this. Please let me know how it goes and could you also add the A record for me, thank you! The IP address for the record is: 148.105.251.19

I am new to Netlify and I look forward to your reply!

Thanks!

Hiya @hartbullock and welcome to our community!

That error message needs improving, no doubt - I am lobbying for a change right now, but we can help you get past it.

When you add a hostname to a netlify site as you did with hartbullock.com, we automatically make optimal DNS records for us to serve the site. They are not, by default, deletable by you - if you move the name between netlify sites, no change is needed, and they’ll just keep working.

If you want to move off Netlify with that hosting, we’ll have to help you remove the records that we created so you can create your own.

I’ve just set hartbullock.com and www.hartbullock.com to be deletable by you in the DNS records page, so you can remove and replace with your new records.

Let me know if you have any more trouble, please!

Thanks so much for your response and assistance! I will check that in the morning.

Take care!

Hi there,

I changed the server and add some records but now I want to change everything back to netlify and netlify only. I am not sure I have changed it back. If you have some time, could you take a look and make sure everything is back to the default configuration by Netlify.

Thanks!

Took a look & seems correctly (optimally, even) configured for webservice on our platform!

Do you intend to get emails @hartbullock.com too, or do…well, anything besides host your website? I don’t see for instance MX records that enable email delivery here: Netlify App

Not required, but a lot of folks intend to have those and forget, so thought I’d mention it to be sure since you asked for a review :slight_smile:

Thanks so much, Chris!

Have a great day/night!