Dns_api dype.market - dype.market/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty

Hi,

I have been trying to add “A Record” for my site: https://dype.market/

However, when I try to do so in the DNS panel it says: “dns_api dype.market - dype.market/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty

Please do whatever is necessary to fix this bug. Thanks!

howdy @karti04,

we have gone ahead and made those records deletable for you. You can only have one A record at a time, so you should be able to delete those records and replace with the new ones.

I’m having the same problem with my domain.

I added Netlify’s name servers before adding all DNS records from my current registrar/hosting service. Once I realized my error, I added all the DNS records to Netlify, except the A name @ host record (which throws the error: “dns_api growingfathers.com - growingfathers.com/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty” now). Because of this (I think), my email is no longer working. Could you help me delete that existing record so I can add the A name @ host record from my current provider and get my email back up?

Sure! Just marked those records as deletable by you so you can manipulate them.

Thanks for your help! When I look at my dns settings for my domain, I’m only seeing the records I already brought over from my registrar? I’m not seeing the DNS records created by netlify? Where can I access and delete the records you made deletable?

These are the two I’m talking about:

You can find them where you’ve just added all your other records like SRV and TXT :slight_smile: That error message you quoted:

dns_api growingfathers.com - growingfathers.com/A: 400 - link exists, all config must be empty

is due to the continued presence of those records.

Oh—duh. Sorry! Thanks for your help. Everything is working now!