Disable form detection available in the Netlify UI

If you are not using Netlify Forms to handle form submissions for your site, you can now disable the form detection feature in the Netlify UI under Settings > Build & deploy > Post processing > Form detection. Learn more about it in our docs.

Form detection runs by default, but you don’t need it if you don’t have forms in your site or you manage them through another service. During form detection, our bots parse the HTML of your site when the build completes to find and prepare forms for submission handling. Turning off form detection may speed up deploy time during post processing.

Note that turning off form detection is not recommended if you do have active forms. You’ll need to either remove the forms or set up form submission management through other means, as any updates to existing forms will not be processed at deploy time.

5 Likes

Is it possible to do this from API or CLI?

All action done in the web UI are possible using the API so, yes, this can be done with the API. There is no method to do this with the CLI tool.

If there are other questions, please let us know.

Can you provide some pointers on how to do it with API? I can’t find anything on https://open-api.netlify.com :frowning:

Inspected the browser traffic when disabling it in UI I observe it doing PUT against the site resource (https://api.netlify.com/api/v1/sites/<siteid>) with the following payload:

{
  "processing_settings": {
    "css": {
      "bundle": true,
      "minify": true
    },
    "js": {
      "bundle": true,
      "minify": true
    },
    "images": {
      "optimize": true
    },
    "html": {
      "pretty_urls": true
    },
    "skip": true,
    "ignore_html_forms": true
  }
}

Where I imagine ignore_html_forms is the key. Will try doing that. As far as I can tell this isn’t documented anywhere though =\

Hi, @stvad. Yes, the open API site isn’t always up to date. Our recommendation is to do what you did in these cases:

• Check the network tab in devtools to see exactly how the API calls are made.

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.

Hi @luke, I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for disabling the Form detection via netlify.toml like we already do with other processing flags. Is it possible to do that?

I don’t believe so.

You can try:

[build.processing]
  ignore_html_forms = true

but I don’t have high hopes for this to work.

I already tried that, but doesn’t work :pensive: .
Any plan to add this?

@marcomontalbano

Hi,

I’ve submitted your feedback to our management team for review.