Deploys are getting stuck with just a "Creating deploy upload records" message

hi there, first up I’m sorry this has been a challenging thing to work through.

I’ve talked to a few different people here and we strongly believe this issue is caused by not having the newest js client or version of the CLI.

In the case of a github action, it would be the action that would need to have access to the newest version of the client and the cli. As we didn’t write or provide the action, we’re unable to really intervene here, but we’re happy to assist if this doesn’t help for some reason!

@perry I wrote the github action, so I bumped the netlify/js-client version from 4.3.0 to 4.3.13. Preliminary results are good, I did a test deploy and it went through – first one in quite a while. Hopefully that’s all it was.

fantastic news jared - we’re all pretty relieved we were able to figure out the problem, as we were collectively scratching our heads for a while. Kudos go mostly to @luke for his detective work.

thank you for your patience on this, and do let us know if something stops working.

1 Like

From yesterday, my drag and drop deploy in netlify is giving me the same error, it get stuck at Creating deploy upload records

Hey there, @sedghi :wave:

Thanks for reaching out about this! It looks like you have posted similar questions on two threads. We ask that all related questions stay on one thread. This helps us streamline support to you and keep relevant information in one place. Let’s continue this conversation on the following thread you posted on:

Any one finding this post later, I ended up using the netlify cli netlify depoy and it worked fine, for some reason the drag and drop did not work for me (was working before)

1 Like

Hi @sedghi - The issue impacting the Drag & Drop deployment method has been resolved. Please do attempt to deploy via Drag & Drop at your earliest convenience.

You can read more details and continue the conversation here: FIXED!: Drag & Drop Issue Status & Workaround