Delegate my domain to Netlify error

“A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1” error trying to create DNS zone “xxy1991.me

I’ve checked the forums but I haven’t used Squarespace and my domain registered by name.com.

What can I do to remedy this issue?

Many thanks.

Hi, @xxy1991, and welcome to our Netlify community site.

The API call to create the DNS zone doesn’t say what other NS1 account already created a DNS zone for that domain name. Similarly, for privacy reasons, NS1 is not permitted to tell us what the other account is either.

As NS1 is a DNS specific service, it might help to contact any service where you joined that domain (or any subdomain of it) to a hosted service. (Note, this isn’t limited to websites. It can be networked service where that domain was used.) If there is such a service, please ask them to remove their configuration at NS1 for this domain.

Alternatively, it might be possible to contact NS1’s support team about this. They may have a way for you to verify domain ownership and share that information with you. (I don’t know for certain about this though. It’s just a guess.)

If there are other questions about this (or if you find a solution and want to share it), please reply here again anytime.

@luke Thanks. I had contacted NS1 and they tell me that my domain register(name.com) is also the cutomer of NS1. I had transfered out my domain.