Custom subdomain for branch deploy

By default, when branch deploy is enabled, the subdomain used is [branch].[production domain]. For example, if my production branch is production and it is deployed to apps.example.com, then the master branch will be deployed to master.apps.example.com.

Is it possible for us to customize the subdomain used by non-production branches? For example, I might want to deploy master (which is an internal-ready branch) to staging.apps.example.com and rc to beta.apps.example.com.

hi there, give these articles a read through and see if any of this is helpful!

If not, please come back and let us know your instance name and what you have already tried, as well as any errors you see :slight_smile:

None of these addresses my issue. My instance name is vigorous-minsky-98a9dc.

Thanks for taking a look at those docs!

That is not currently possible - branch subdomains follow only the pattern BRANCHNAME.YOURCUSTOMDOMAIN. You can of course set up a separate site for any branch in your repo and name it whatever you want - so link to the ‘rc’ branch and call the site beta.apps.example.com . It is allowable and functional to link two Netlify sites to the same repo for purposes such as these.

Okie, thanks for the note! Any plans to add support to customize the branch subdomains (without creating a new site, that is)? :wink:

There is an open feature request, but that does not intend to imply that we have “plans to add support”, only that you and others have requested it. It does mean we’ll follow up in this thread if things change though :wink:

1 Like