Custom domain stuck in "Check DNS configuration"

Hi!

I’m having a problem with the vulcana site. My custom domain vulcanacinema.com has been configured using Netlify domains (and www.vulcanacinema.com) is already working, however Netlify doesn’t seem to identify vulcanacinema.com as configured with its proper DNS settings.

Can you help me explaining how can I fix this error?

Thanks!

Looks like our system was able to successfully issue the certificate. Typically with DNS propagation, it can take up to 24 hours for this to finish and our system isn’t able to see the records you created until then. Hope that helps.

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

Yes, the certificate was issued, however the domain still is marked as pending configuration:

When trying to access the site using vulcanacinema.com, it’s unavailable. It only works with www.vulcanacinema.com.

Update:

I followed Netlify troubleshooting guide, and used dig to check if my domain was configured correctly:

% dig vulcanacinema.com @dns1.p01.nsone.net

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> vulcanacinema.com @dns1.p01.nsone.net
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 954
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;vulcanacinema.com.		IN	A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
vulcanacinema.com.	3600	IN	SOA	dns1.p08.nsone.net. domains+netlify.netlify.com. 1586611412 43200 7200 1209600 3600

;; Query time: 82 msec
;; SERVER: 198.51.44.1#53(198.51.44.1)
;; WHEN: Wed May 06 09:38:41 -03 2020
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 124

It says NOERROR, however I still can’t access the site without www. and the settings page still reports something is wrong with the DNS configuration of vulcanacinema.com.

Hey @arthr, I think this was an issue on our end that should now be taken care. Let us know if you see any error messages in the future!

1 Like