Custom Domain SSL Certificate Problem

Hi, I already provisioned a SSL cert for a subdomain (app.example.com) without any problem. Now I want to add a SSL cert to (http://www.example.com) (which points to an other deployment). If I click on “Verify DNS Configuration” the response is “DNS verification was successful”. Everything seems fine, once I click on “provision certificate” I get the response “We could not provision a Let’s Encrypt certificate for your custom domain” without further information.
Regarding the DNS settings, everything seems fine. I added an A record for example.com which points to the netlify IP and a CNAME entry for www.example.com to the Netlify default sub-domain (my-example-app.netlify.com).
Any ideas how I can solve this and get a certificate from lets encrypt via Netlify? Thanks!

SOLVED
The Netlify support was really quick, I had a AAAA record which was not pointing to Netlify, thats why I could not get a SSL cert.

@krauerrr, we want to both welcome you to our community site and also thank you for posting this follow-up to share the resolution of the issue.

If there are other questions in the future, please feel free create new posts here anytime!