Custom_domain is owned by another account - multiple netlify account

Hi,

what is the solution for this?

already I have 2 netlify accounts and I added the below domain to 1 account and removed from that.
again I tried to add that domain to 2nd account, but in getting below error.

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

https://app.netlify.com/sites/SITE-NAME/settings/domain#custom-domains > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

1 Like

Still same plz guide me - thank you
www.scripterlab.com

Hi Thasneen, we’re unable to really provide more guidance than I already wrote above. If the domain belongs to you, and you cannot remove it from your other site, your best option is to go through the domain verification steps that are linked above.

1 Like

Done,

I have the same issue. I have added the domain to my personal account Now I am unable to transfer the domain to another netlify official account even after removing the domain from my account

noname, did you go through the verification steps above as well? we can then verify your ownership.

Thanks, I can see the record. I don’t understand what problem you’re having, though?

1. you control the domain and already have access in our UI, here: https://app.netlify.com/teams/thasneen/dns/scripterlab.com
  2. you can apply the hostname to any site in that account, here: https://app.netlify.com/teams/thasneen/sites
  3. we intentionally prevent you from using the domain name on a site in another account. but since you own the first account - just use it to host that site and there will be no problems using it :slight_smile:

As Perry mentioned, we need you to go through those steps, and we also need you to tell us what domain you refer to so we can confirm the results and help you use it :slight_smile:

Here is my scenario:

Netlify Account 1 - I have a netlify account where I have hosted an app and had setup a custom domain.

Netlify Account 2 - I have another netlify account as well, Now I would like the above domain from my other account 1 to be used with this account.

The steps I have followed

Account 1 - Removed the custom domain and ensured that there aren’t any dns entries for the custom domain
Account 2 - Now when I am trying to add the above domain to this netlify account I am getting a message stating that the domain is owned by another account.

Please let me know where I am going wrong

You already mentioned above that “we intentionally prevent you from using the domain name on a site in another account.” Is there a work around as the second account belong to my client.