Custom_domain is owned by another account for some netlify accounts

Hi, I have a team who creating sites using subdomains from a single TLD. It’s *.showcase.sg

However recently two team member got problem with adding showcase.sg subdomain to their account. It says custom_domain is owned by another account

the 3rd team member got no issue at the moment, just added few today. What’s wrong?

Please help!

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

https://app.netlify.com/sites/SITE-NAME/settings/domain#custom-domains > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Hi Perry, before this error occured me and my colleagues have no problem using that domain on our projects. All of our projects are using ***.showcase.sg

As I mentioned, the domain is meant for our project’s staging. so far two colleagues can’t use **.showcase.sg but the other colleague got no issue including mine.

Creating subdomains from .showcase.sg
Me - no problem
Person A - no problem
Person B - problem
Person C - problem

All of us have existing **.showcase.sg custom domains in our netlify accounts except recent one we can’t add it.

Hi, @activa, we don’t intend for an apex/bare/root domain to be used on more than a one account.

It is possible that there is are two accounts using a single domain which were configured this way before the restriction was created. However, we don’t support using a single domain across accounts anymore.

The solution will be to put all sites for this domain on a single account. If there are other questions about this, please let us know.