Connected existing Domain with Netlify (set NS-Record). Now I no longer recieve E-Mails

Hi everyone,

working as a UI-Developer most of the time I have a hard time understanding a problem I currently face.

So I have my domains registered at a german web hosting company (strato.de). Couple of weeks ago I decided to move my website from there to netlify. For that I had to set the NS-Records at strato.de to the ones netlify uses. Connecting my domain with netlify worked.

But since I connected the domain, I no longer recieve E-Mails to it nor can i send E-Mails from the domain.

What did I miss? Is this issue even answerable or is that to specific and needs more details/investigation?
I’m suspecting that I just missed something obvious …the dev ops noob that I am.

Thanks for every hint & help
Lars

Hey lars, moin moin.

Congrats on getting your domain set up! You will likely find this post helpful:

moin perry,

wow. thank you VERY much!

cheers
lars :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi perry, thanks again for the helpful step by step guide in the linked thread.
I still have a problem with finding the right server path for my mail service. I’am currently trying it with imap.strato.de which i think does not work.

I really cant get much info out of strato.de. I cannot access the MX-Records page there because I set the NS-Record to a custom url (netlify).

My guess would be that it isn’t working because the imap address is for configuring your e-mail client … it’s not the domain of the strato.de mail servers.

Check with strato.de to see what domains they use for mail servers. You may be looking for a domain name that looks something like post14.in.strato.de or post.in.strato.de.

Hi, @lars. I think the issue you are experiencing is described here:

Please look for this second on the page above:

I did not copy my records before switching name servers and my email (or other service) stopped working. How do I fix this?

If the solutions there don’t work or if there are any questions, please let us know.