[Common Issue] Someone else is using my domain/DNS zone or I can't remove the NETLIFY records in my DNS zone?

There are a couple of things that one needs to consider when using a Netlify-hosted DNS:

• When trying to add a Netlify DNS zone for your domain, you get an error ‘A DNS zone for this domain already exists under a different account’…
  • When trying to point your domain or subdomain to a non-netlify site but there is a NETLIFY record that is conflicting, which you cannot remove or modify yourself…

These issues require assistance from Netlify Support. If you run into these issues, please create a new post by clicking the ‘new topic’ button, mentioning which of the error messages mentioned that you are getting:

Netlify Support will help resolve the issue with you. We may send you an message to the email address listed in your Netlify Community account, so please make sure your email address is the same as the one you use on your Netlify account and is accurate and accessible to you before you contact us.