[Common Issue] Should I use Netlify to manage my DNS?

You have the option to manage your DNS at Netlify or somewhere else, and either way will work great! You can still use Netlify to build your awesome site, and leave DNS management where it is. Or Netlify can manage your DNS for free (!) and we are happy to provide this service because we know it makes people’s lives a lot easier.

I can share two of the benefits of Netlify’s DNS to help you decide.

• First, if you have a large website and speed is important to you, you can have your domain served on our lightening-fast Content Distribution Networks, which we call Application Delivery Networks (see https://www.netlify.com/features/adn/ to find out why).
  • And second, if your repo has multiple branches all serving different content, you can have a subdomain for every single branch in your repo. More info on Netlify’s DNS management can be found here.

If you still aren’t sure, no worries, reach out and we’ll help you decide what might be the best option for you.

I use Netlify to manage all my domains now, even for those that don’t have a static website hosted on Netlify.

I like to keep domains in one place, plus managing DNS records from my registrar (Namecheap) is pain in the ass.

1 Like

That’s awesome @Destiner. We have quite a few people doing this and having a good experience.