[Common Issue] I don't see submissions when using javascript

answered

I don’t see submissions when submitting using javascript. What am I doing wrong?

You probably aren’t doing anything “wrong” at all. This is actually a commonly asked question.

Here’s what you need to know: We hate spam about as much as you do.

When you submit via html’s default method, if our spam filtering flags the submission, it will redirect to a recaptcha page where it will wait for a non-robot to check the ‘I am not a robot’ field and this helps prevent spam. Very useful.

However, when you submit via javascript, our system is unable to present the recaptcha page. Don’t worry, we’ve provided a way around this.

You will need to implement what is called a honeypot field. Here’s a little more background on that. You could also give this a read through to learn how to make the honeypot even more effective, if you like!

Since this basically disabled our built-in recaptcha, we provide a couple of ways to implement a recaptcha directly on your form: an explicit recaptcha which is very simple to implement and a fully customizable version.

JavaScript opens up a lot of possibilities. Awesome, right?

Let us know how this worked out! If you have any other questions, comment below!

1 Like
"Page Not Found" when submitting form