"Check DNS configuration" for apex domain

HI, @deepspaceprogram, and welcome to our Netlify community site.

I’m showing both the www subdomain and the apex domain (aceanalytical.com) working for the Netlify site when I test now.

Why didn’t it work before? My best guess is that the previous records were being cached due to time to live (TTL) values in the DNS records themselves:

The only solution for this is usually to wait for the TTL to expire. There is more information about minimizing the impact of TTL values when making DNS changes here:

​Please let us know if there are other questions and/or if it still doesn’t work for you when you test.

@luke The same is happening to me now. My apex domain doesn’t load or redirect and I have a “Check DNS Configuration” warning, but the DNS records are the default Netlify ones.

Hi, @AAA, and welcome to our Netlify community site.

What domain name (or names) is this happening for?

You can private message (PM) that information to one of our support staff and I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Note, that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

Hi, @AAA, thanks for sending us the domain name. There was an issue on our side which has been corrected now. Both domain names (the www subdomain and the apex domain) work now when I test.

Would you please confirm the issue is resolved when you test now as well?

Hi @luke, I’m also having the same issue as the original poster where the dns for my domain www.brandonpugh.com appears configured correctly but I’m seeing the Check DNS configuration message.

Hi, @bpugh, and welcome to our Netlify community site.

I showing the www subdomain working:

www.brandonpugh.com.	1799	IN	CNAME	brandonpugh.netlify.com.
brandonpugh.netlify.com. 19	IN	A	167.172.215.127

However, the apex/root domain is pointing a server not controlled by Netlify:

brandonpugh.com.	1799	IN	A	198.61.251.14

We have documentation about this here:

If your DNS service doesn’t support the special record types, then please change that A record to point to the IP address 104.198.14.52 instead of the one above. (If the special types are supported, please use those.)

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.

Not sure how I messed it up but it looks like I needed to add an ALIAS record instead of the A record. Thanks a bunch for the help @luke!

hi bpugh, does that mean the issue is fixed now? Can we close this ticket?

Yep all good now! After I fixed the DNS records I also had to renew the SSL cert to include the apex domain but it is redirecting properly now.